Monday, February 8, 2010

I keep thinking that if I was a good caricature artist, I would  be better at portraiture, because those guys have to know what features most identify a person.  Leonardo Da Vinci drew caricatures. I understand that in the 1700's people used to rent folders of political cartoons and caricatures the way we do DVD's and invite their friends over for a laugh.  There are lots of great caricature artists today and even Dick Van Dyke and George Clooney do it.  If I had to name a favorite, it would be Sebastian Kruger.  Check out this web site for more about caricature.
 http://www.aboutfacesentertainers.com/caricature/about_caricature.htm
Meanwhile here's my take on David Duchovny who played Special Agent Fox Mulder in the X Files TV series.

For more of my caricatures go to my web page at:

No comments:

Post a Comment